Babylon Farm | Murrumbateman
Experience a very unique farm in rural Murrumbateman, with goats, sheep, alpacas, chicken and horses.
Only a 2 minute drive from Murrumbateman, Babylon Farm is the perfect place to bring your students to increase their understanding of farming and food. Students can experience a huge range of animal activities including patting and feeding animals, collecting eggs and watching a shearing demonstration. Babylon Farm also love their goats and your students can milk a goat, and learn how to make goats cheese and soap! Depending on the season, some activities will vary but Bob and his team are passionate about helping students learn more about Australian agriculture, and look forward to hosting you at any time of the year!
Farm Visit Information
- Region: Southern Highlands
- Industry: Alpacas, chickens, goats (goats cheese)
- Price: $20 per person but can negotiate if bringing larger groups
- Group size: Babylon Farm can host up to 50 people
- Visiting times: Anytime during the week (must be pre-booked 2 weeks in advance). Tours are 2 hours, with students then able to enjoy their recess/lunch on the farm.
- Farm activities: Students will be able to learn about and interact with a huge variety of animals including alpacas, goats, chickens, sheep and horses. They will learn about fibres such as sheep and alpaca wool, and about animal products such as goats milk, cheese and soap. Depending on the season, students may be able to milk a goat, witness a shearing demonstration and collect some eggs!
- Amenities: Bus access, toilets, signposted, wheelchair access, meets safety requirements
26 Woodleigh Drive, Murrumbateman NSW