Blackwattle Alpacas | Murrumbateman
Visit Blackwattle Alpaca Farm to learn about alpacas, their luxury fibre and the beautiful products they can produce. As a working alpaca farm, students are offered an insight into farming alpacas in Australia.
Just 25 minutes from Canberra, Blackwattle Alpaca Farm is a 40 acre property that specialize in farm tours as well as the production of hand dyed alpaca yarn and fibre.
Farm Visit Information
- Region: Southern Highlands
- Industry: Alpacas for fibre
- Price: For 3 hour visit: $30 per student (groups of 20 or less) or $25 per student (groups of 20+). Teachers and helpers may accompany students free of charge. Catering is also available for an additional fee (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea).
- Group size: Blackwattle Alpaca Farm can host 1-2 classes of students depending on class size.
- Visiting times: You can visit Blackwattle Alpaca Farm any time during the year.
- Farm activities: Learn about basic alpaca husbandry techniques, including how to halter train alpacas. Students will also pat and feed alpacas, and learn about the dyeing and felting techniques for alpaca fibre. Students will also learn about basic property maintenance including weed, waste and water management.
- Amenities: Bus access, toilets, signposted, wheelchair access, meets safety requirements
315 Patemans Lane, Murrumbateman NSW 2582