Harvest Farms | Bilpin
For three years Harvest Hampers has been gathering produce directly from farmers and delivering it to people’s doors in a timely and efficient manner. Now Harvest Farms is ready to open the gates of their 30 acre property in Bilpin to your students to help them learn about the importance of environmental restorative agriculture. The team at Harvest Farms is dedicated to educating people about the value of a local food system that is beneficial for the environment and the community. During their visit to the Bilpin farm, students will learn about its suitability for growing delicious, household veggies as well as why it is important for people to have the opportunity to be more directly involved in farms where their food is grown and the benefits of having access to good quality, seasonal, local and organic produce.
Farm Visit Information
- Region: Blue Mountains
- Industry: Horticulture
- Price: $35 per student. Teachers and helpers may accompany students free of charge.
- Group size: 90 students maximum, but can host multiple smaller groups
- Visiting times: You can visit Harvest Farms any time of year!
- Farm activities: Students will be able to pick some product such as apples and carrots, plant some seedlings, feed and move goats and chickens as well as learn skills such as staking tomatoes and soil tests
- Amenities: Bus parking, toilets, signposted, wheelchair accessible, meets safety requirements
3120 Bells Line of Rd, Bilpin, NSW 2758