Iris Lodge Alpacas | Jilliby
A wonderful property just north of Sydney where students can get hands-on with alpacas and many other farm animals!
Iris Lodge Alpacas is a working alpaca farm just outside of Wyong on the Central Coast, where students can learn all about alpaca farming and fibre production. The team at Iris Lodge Alpacas can run an informational and interactive tour for you, or can work with you to design a tour to meet your students specific learning outcomes. With over 160 animals on the property, students will have the chance to meet creatures great and small – from chickens, to sheep and alpacas, to beef cattle and horses! Eco-Tourism certified, Iris Lodge Alpacas also has a focus on protecting native wildlife, and will discuss how and why they have planted large sections of native forests to support endangered parrots.
Farm Visit Information
- Region: Central Coast
- Industry: Alpacas for fibre, as well as beef and sheep
- Price: $20 per student
- Group size: Can host up to 50 students, multiple smaller groups are also possible
- Visiting times: Iris Lodge Alpacas is available to visit all year round, with plenty to see and do 12 months of the year!
- Farm activities: Meet, feed and pat alpacas, sheep, cattle and horses, and learn about each of them. Students would also learn about the wildlife on the property and the importance of conserving a healthy environment for native wildlife
- Amenities: Bus access, toilets, signposted, wheelchair access, meets safety requirements
33 Dunks Lane, Jilliby NSW, 2259