Hollycott Farm | Jugiong
Visit a family owned and operated cattle breeding enterprise located between Cootamundra and Harden. When you and your students visit, you will have the opportunity to learn about how beef cattle are raised in a regenerative, natural, grass-fed beef program.
Situated almost halfway between Cootamundra and Harden, Hollycott Farm is a picturesque location where your students are able to learn all about regenerative, grass-fed beef. Jules and her family run a small herd of Speckle Park cattle, which are well-known for their quiet nature and beautiful appearance. Jules has a holistic view of work and family life on the farm, with not just sustainability, but regeneration of the environment a high priority, where natural biodiversity and food production can work together in improving the land. As a result, there is also an abundance of native wildlife to enjoy at Hollycott, with regular sightings of kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, monitors, and countless birds.
Farm Visit Information
- Region: Southern Highlands
- Industry: Regenerative beef cattle and Speckle park stud
- Price: $15/child, $25/adult
- Group size: Hollycott Farm can host 1-2 classes
- Visiting times: January-October
- Farm activities: Pat and feed horses, goats, cows and bulls. How cattle yards are used can also be demonstrated (Spring-Summer-Autumn only). Paddock walk to observe grazing systems, and learn about different vehicles that are used on the farm.
- Amenities: Bus parking, toilets, signposted, meets safety requirements
2434 Jugiong Rd, Jugiong, NSW 2726