South Bunarba Agriculture | Mungindi
Visit a dryland and irrigated cropping farm on the NSW/QLD border, where your students can learn about Australia’s cotton industry!
In the north-west of NSW, Sam Heagney and his family have been farming for over a century. You and your students can visit this 25,000ha property and learn about the value of Australia’s cropping industries, as well as meet some Angus cattle! Originally from Melbourne, Sam will be able to talk to your students about the huge range of opportunities in agriculture, as well as explain the process of how cotton grows from “dirt to shirt”!
Farm Visit Information
- Region: North West
- Industry: Cotton and some beef
- Price: Free
- Group size: South Bunarba can host both small and large groups
- Visiting times: Students can visit South Bunarba all year round, however the most interesting times to visit are in April (cotton-picking season) or October (when other crops are being harvested).
- Farm activities: Learn about cotton and other crops from planting to harvest, as well as the difference between dryland and irrigated cropping. Learn about some of the machinery Sam and his workers use to run their farm – and maybe get to climb up on one!
- Amenities: Bus access (not possible in all weather conditions), toilets, signposted, wheelchair access, meets safety requirement
South Bunarba Agriculture has public liability insurance
All staff at have Working with Children Checks
South Bunarba, Mungindi NSW 2406