Tocal Farm | Paterson
Tocal is a 2200-hectare farm in the lower Hunter Valley with beef cattle, dairying, horse breeding, free-range egg production, sheep, apiary (bees), and cropping. Our experienced school education team will guide your students in our syllabus aligned, interactive paddock to plate themed programs while exploring the farm.
Only 45 minutes from Newcastle, students are invited to come along to Tocal and learn all about Australian agriculture 150 years ago and how it has changed over time to become our food and fibre industries today!
Farm Visit Information
- Region: Hunter Valley
- Industry: Mixed livestock and some crops
- Price: TBA
- Group size: Preferred number of students: 50 – 70. Maximum: 90 students. If you have a large cohort, please book multiple days. Groups of fewer than 20 students pay a flat minimum group fee. Small schools and home school groups are welcome and can either choose to visit with another small school or book a day of their own.
- Visiting times: School programs run from 10:00AM – 2:00pm
- Farm activities: A K-6 Teaching guide and ESRI story map, Stage specific student workbooks and activity sheets can be accessed from the Tocal website.
- Amenities: Bus access, toilets, signposted, wheelchair access, meets safety requirements
Phone: 02 4939 8901
957 Tocal Road, Paterson, NSW 2421