Phoenix Park Farm | Morpeth
Phoenix Park Farm is only 40 minutes north-west of Newcastle, making it the perfect visit location for those students on the Central Coast or in the Hunter Valley. Phoenix Park Farm is a working organic farm adjacent to the Hunter River at Phoenix Park near Morpeth. The farm has mixed vegetable crops, citrus orchard, pasture raised eggs, honey production and fodder crops. We also have areas of improved and restored wildlife habitat and extensive riparian zones.
Your students will be guided by Carly and Jesse – who is a qualified Science teacher as well as a farmer!
Farm Visit Information
- Region: Hunter Valley
- Industry: Organic mixed farming
- Price: Half Day Excursions (3 hours) – $900 (incl. GST) for up to 30 students, $1350 (incl. GST) for up to 60 students
- Group size: Phoenix Park Farm can host up to 60 students
- Visiting times: You and your students can visit Phoenix Park Farm all year round
- Farm activities: A half day program will be organised using the topics areas below in consultation with the school.
- Get Your Grow On, Weather Or Not, Animals, It Ain’t Just Dirt, Nutrient Cycles, Flower Power, Creepy Crawly, Pattern Detective, All About Plants, Smart Sprout
- Please note this list is not exclusive. The teaching staff at Phoenix Park Farm are always adapting and expanding their activities to provide engaging learning experiences.
- For more information about Phoenix Park Farm’s 10 week immersive program please click here.
- Amenities: Bus access, toilets, signposted, meets safety requirements
85 McFaydens Rd, Phoenix Park, NSW 2321